One last quick thing - the american guy said about me visiting:
“If I have a place, you have a place. As long as you like.”
That’s pretty nice.
I have a terrible memory so I SHOULD keep trying with this blog
I’m currently sat in my room, trying to ignore how hungry I am and waiting for my friend Ashely to come round. Life is pretty good right now. Brief summary: today I’m seeing Ashley for coffee, going to take my kid on the bus to school, making a budget for very exciting upcoming travel plans, work and then Laura is coming round to plan the rest of the week. In 5 weeks I’m going to America for two weeks. I’m spending a week with my mum and step dad visiting Atlanta, Washington and New York, and then I’m going to spend 5 days by myself visiting Boston and the American boy. (Yep. That’s happening.) Henry’s visiting on Thursday, and staying until Sunday. It’ll be pretty nice to see him although I’m a bit worried we’ll get on each others nerves with so much close contact. Next week my friend V from home is moving in with me until I leave for America.
My aupair job is going well. I get on well with all the boys. It’s the 9 y.o.’s birthday today and I really have to try and remember to buy him a present. Oops, Ashley is here. More later.
Got an angry email from my old host mum…
Apparently she saw me out at the weekend. She threatened me with a lawyer and said a lot of upsetting things. I know I shouldn’t have lied about why I left and I’m living with the consequences now. She also said that if she sees me again she’ll be sure to approach me… ARGH
Sort of forgot about the old blog for a while. I’ll update properly tomorrow, but here’s a list of things that’ve happened lately:
- I’ve been living alone for over a month and have still only cooked one meal from scratch
- Have become good friends with an American aupair called Jamie, who lives near me and Laura
- Laura and I managed to befriend the bartender at our local pub. Turns out he plays rugby with a load of other English guys and we’ve started hanging out with them every weekend.
- I think one of the rugby guys is really hot because he looks like Malfoy. Totally screwed up my chances with him by drunkenly calling him Malfoy to his face, Also he may have a girlfriend.
- Oldest aupair child is a nightmare. He’s 12, speaks in baby voices, tries to show off all the time and is just the worst kid I ever met. If I speak to any of the others he starts acting out. He’s also really inappropriate, always asking about when I’m “nudy” and his “dinky”. Genuinely makes me feel sick and tempted to slap him in the face. I spent the last week helping him type up his homework because he’s too much of a prince to do it by himself.
- 9 year old au pair kid is awesome, really like him and he’s funny. Also the baby is quite cute and smiley. Never thought I’d say that.
- I’m still talking to the American guy. Jamie skyped him with me briefly a few nights ago and agrees with Laura that he’s an asshole. I disagree. He’s started telling me about his lovelife though which is probably a sign he think of me as more of a friend.
- Host family might be moving to London in the summer and I might see if I can try and go with them… hmm.
This is terribly written and boring but I got in at 7am this morning after staying out in Grand Boulevards all night with the Belgian, Welsh and English rugby guys. Bedtime.